Enjoying Last Days of Summer

It sure has been fun the last couple of weeks and busy!!!  I had to resort to schedule REST DAYS to recoup and even took a week off from blogging.  I feel young, but my body tells me to take it easy.

Besides the everyday to do and keep up with the daily routine, we managed to squeeze in some very Good Times!
 Lord Fletcher's annual Lobster Boil.  It was delicious, but what a messy eating feast it is!

Minnesota State Fair!  It was an all day affair, and I enjoyed a very creamy and delicious milk shake!

 My first pedi of the summer!  Boy did I needed a professional pedi done.

My sister-in-law and I had a Girlz Day Out with her two adorable and well behaved granddaughters at the Mall of America!  

 Hubby and I helped his niece chaperone her son's 7th. Birthday Party.  The fun party included eleven super energetic boys...phew!!!  It was so much fun and exhausting.

We hosted a brunch for six in honor of Hubby's friend and his wife.  We took the opportunity of getting to see them and catching up with them.  Even though it was an easy impromptu visit, I just couldn't believe the many things to get done pre get-together (grocery shopping, cooking, "really" clean house, ...) for this very fun and simple gathering.  It was really nice to see John and Cindy again.
Until we see each other again in Arizona.

Besides everything going on, I made time to quickly stop at a few garage sales and find treasures! 

Last but not least...
I had cake and ate it too!!!

Comments

GARAGE SALE GAL said…
Busy and fun summer for sure. Let's talk about a craft day when you come to the garage sale on Thursday! That cake looks divine!
warmly,
deb
Oliva Ohlson said…
Will Deb!!! I just discovered Hy-Vee and their bakery is sinful!!! See you Thursday!
Nancy Jo said…
Hi Oliva,
You have been busy. I think this time of year we are all trying to make the most of the good weather. That is some good looking cake!
Nancy Jo
Conniecrafter said…
Good to take a rest every now and then, sounds like you had some busy days that's for sure. Great fine at the garage sale and your cake looks delicious!

Popular Posts